All on-air volunteers and some producers complete training at 2XX.
The training covers:
- 2XX history, culture and programs
- An orientation of the station, office and studios
- Community Radio Codes of Practice
- Music and spoken word content best practice
- Some media law
- Music and copyright
- Programming at 2XX
- In-studio training: panelling, basic recording and editing
- Basic microphone technique
- Preparation of your show, considering content, themes, promos, music and talk.
- Preparing and sharing a ‘demo’ recording with peer feedback at the end.
Training takes place in small groups (up to 5 people) and can be a great way to meet other 2XX volunteers who are getting started.
2XX is already a great place for learn, make alternative media and build community. The journey will continue!
Training groups are run in accordance with demand. There is a fee to cover the costs of training.
2XX Training in 2021
If you wish to apply to present a show, or if you are interested in training, please contact us via the webform.