Interested in training with us? It’s easy.
All of our on-air volunteers and producers complete training at 2XX. 2XX is a great place to learn, make alternative media and build community. The journey will continue!
Training takes place in small groups (up to 5 people) and can be a great way to meet other 2XX volunteers who are getting started.
Training groups are run in accordance with demand. There is a fee to cover the costs of training.
Contact us via the webform if you wish to apply to present a show or if you are interested in training.
The training covers:
- 2XX history, culture and programs
- An orientation of the station, office and studios
- Community Radio Codes of Practice
- Music and spoken word content best practice
- Some media law
- Music and copyright
- Programming at 2XX
- In-studio training: panelling, basic recording and editing
- Basic microphone technique
- Preparation of your show, considering content, themes, promos, music and talk.
- Preparing and sharing a ‘demo’ recording with peer feedback at the end.
Photo credit: Cultura Clandestino